- Shown in Attitude Black Metallic with available power tilt/slide moonroof and Leather Package.
- Shown in Classic Silver Metallic.
- Shown in Clearwater Blue Metallic.
We're driving the automobileto new places.
Available with a wide array of innovative technologies, the 2012 Camry is taking transportation in a bold direction. In addition to available navigation, its multimedia systems offer such highlights as standard Bluetooth®3 hands-free phone capability,available advanced voice-recognition and Entune,™2 a new feature integrated with select Toyota models that allows drivers to access popular mobile phone apps and data services. With all this, you won't just drive Camry, you'll connect with it.
- JBL® GreenEdge™ Audio System
- Combining a variety of new eco-conscious technologies, the JBL® GreenEdge™ audio system achieves dramatic energy efficiency while delivering superb audio performance. With reduced power consumption, increased audio performance and lower system weight, the JBL® GreenEdge™ system is a substantial upgrade over conventional audio systems.
- The available Entune™ system is a collection of popular mobile applications and data services integrated with select Toyota vehicles. Entune™ includes three years of complimentary access to apps and services delivered viamost smartphones and some feature phones. (After three years, access charges will apply; excluding Pandora.®) Once the phone is connected to the vehicle using Bluetooth® wireless technology or a USB cable, Entune's™ features are operated using the vehicle's controls or, for some services, by voice recognition. Entune™ is scheduled to have mobile apps for Bing,™ iHeartRadio,7 MovieTickets.com,7 OpenTable®7 and Pandora.® Entune's™ data services include fuel guide, sports scores, stocks, traffic and weather. See toyota.com/entune for availability of apps and services.
8-WAY POWER DRIVER'S SEATCamry's accommodating interior is designed to help you manage your liquid assets, providing four cup holders and six bottle holders.
WORKING IN SPACEIn Camry, rear-seat comfort doesn't take a back seat to front-seat comfort. To help improve rear-seat leg room, we redesigned the shape of the front seats, allowing for additional knee space.
HOW DO VORTEX GENERATORS WORK?As air flows over the surfaces of a moving vehicle, friction can cause that air to tumble over and under itself, increasing drag and creating erratic air pressure forces around the vehicle. Vortex generators alter the airflow before it becomes turbulent, creating a series of controlled spins, or vortices, and helping to equalize air pressure forces, reduce drag and improve vehicle stability.
- To enhance Camry's overall ride quality, we optimized the shock absorber tuning to achieve a high-end dampening feel. We improved Camry's handling and stability by recalculating the rear suspension geometry.
- Camry SE V6 is available with sporty 18-in. wheels and tires. To better handle this larger setup, we made the knuckle and lower arm assembly stronger and lighter.
- Airflow under a vehicle is crucial to performance. On the reinvented Camry we added a series of broad plates that feature aerodynamic fins front and rear to help manage air turbulence beneath the vehicle, improving stability and handling.
Ready for whatever the future brings. Including corners.
Get behind the wheel of Camry SE and there will be no doubt that this is one forward-looking sedan. Thanks to Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), Camry offers not just assertive power, but sensible mileage too - a good quality to have in this age of high fuel prices. Factor in SE's sport-tuned suspension, and you have an impressive blend of performance and efficiency. This winning combination clearly puts Camry ahead of the curve.
- SE V6 Power
- Right feet rejoice. The available 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve Dual VVT-i V6 engine produces an impressive 268 horsepower and 248 lb.-ft. of torque, while still achieving an EPA-estimated 30 highway mpg rating.1 Paired with the 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift and paddle shifters, this powerplant delivers a driving experience that's nothing short of exhilarating.
- Paddle Shifters
- Let your fingers do the shifting. Camry SE's race-inspired paddle shifters deliver real hands-on performance. Not only do these paddles upshift and downshift almost twice as fast as the previous-generation Camry's, thesystem automatically matches revs during downshifting. To shift, simply pull the right paddle to upshift and the left one to downshift.
- Sport Handling
- Improving handling dynamics typically involves suspension components. But Camry's impressive agility was also augmented by making the steering more responsive. To accomplish this, we not only increased the steeringgear ratio, but also optimized the Electric Power Steering (EPS) system for more sensitivity. Clearly, Camry turns more than just heads.
- 18-in. Alloy Wheels
- Style your ride. Standard on the Camry SE V6, these sharp 18-in. alloy wheels offer sporty performance, not to mention sporty looks.
- Things are looking up. Camry's remarkable driving experience is made even more uplifting with an available power tilt/slide moonroof, complete with sliding sunshade.
ECO DRIVE LEVEL DISPLAYCamry's gauges provide current fuel economy information on the fly and are specially illuminated for quick and easy reading in most light conditions.
LEADING "GREEN"For more than a decade, Toyota has been a world leader in the development of eco-sensitive technology with our advanced Hybrid Synergy Drive® system. And with each passing year, this tried and tested system continues to get more efficient, more powerful, more reliable and more popular.
ENERGY MONITORThe Multi-Information Display helps keep you continually apprised of the Hybrid Synergy Drive® energy flow and its efficient management.
NEWLY REENGINEERED HYBRID ENGINECamry's new hybrid engine features a variety of modifications designed to enhance performance and fuel economy. For starters, the engine employs the Atkinson Cycle, which optimizes the durations of the engine's four strokes to help maximize fuel efficiency. The expansion ratio was increased as well, further boosting gas mileage. A long-port plastic intake manifold, together with a long-branch exhaust manifold, also enhances performance, saves weight and reduces engine noise. The gear-driven balance shaft was even coated with a low-friction resin for low vibration and additional efficiency.
- By reengineering various vehicle components and employing state-of-the-art materials, we reduced Camry's overall curb weight by 200 lb.
REDUCED VEHICLE WEIGHT
- Camry's reinvented hybrid engine is entirely beltless. This design not only offers remarkable reliability, but alsosaves weight, reduces friction and improves fuel economy.
- An electric water pump doesn't employ a v-belt. This design not only improves efficiency, but also shortens engine warm-up time, helping to reduce emissions.
ELECTRIC WATER PUMP
- We engineered a way to move the battery forward, opening up more room in the trunk and ensuring that we didn't take up otherwise usable space.
EFFICIENCY IN SPACE
- "The 2012 Camry is a "new era" sedan that stands to redefine the very image of the number one standard mid-size sedan."
- Yukihiro Okane, Chief Engineer, Product Planning Toyota Development
- The use of more advanced tires allows tire air pressure to be increased, thereby reducing rolling resistance and furtherimproving efficiency.
LOWER ROLLING RESISTANCE
We took a hard look at blind spots.
AVAILABLE BLIND SPOT MONITOR (BSM)Even with properly adjusted side mirrors, adjacent vehicles may enter "blind spots," areas that are outside of the driver's view. Camry's Blind Spot Monitor BSM) uses radar to scan these blind spots for moving motor vehicles.
- Via Toyota's 24/7 call center, available Safety Connect® offers subscribers helpful features such as Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance and Automatic Collision Notification. Safety Connect® also offers the reliability of embedded cellular and GPS technology.
AVAILABLE SMART KEY SYSTEMSmart Key offers you a note of enhanced luxury. When you approach Camry with the Smart Key fob in your pocket or purse, the interior illuminates automatically; the doors unlock when you touch either front door handle; the trunk opens with the touch of its handle; and the engine starts with the push of a button.
AVAILABLE BACKUP CAMERAWhen backing up, the area behind Camry that's visible to the camera is displayed on the touch-screen of the audio system's display.
- Smart Stop Technology provides you with additional peace of mind. Under certain conditions, when both the brake and the accelerator pedals are pressed at the same time, SST is designed to automatically reduce engine power and help bring the vehicle to a stop.
SMART STOP TECHNOLOGY (SST)
- An important element of occupant protection, crumple zones are structurally engineered to absorb and dissipate energy in the event of a collision by a process known as controlled deformation.
- Camry's front seats are engineered to yield in a controlled fashion in certain low-speed, rear-endcollisions, helping to reduce the risk of neck injuries.
DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER WHIPLASH-INJURY-LESSENING SEATS
- The Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren system provides an added measure of safety for the smaller members of your family. LATCH includes low-mounted anchors & tether anchors on each outboard rear seat.
- Proper tire pressure is always important for safe driving. TPMS evaluates the pressure of the tires and issues a warning if the pressure becomes critically low.
TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR
- Camry provides 3-point seatbelts with pretensioners for front seating positions, while the front seats are equipped with the added safety of 2-step force limiters.