Shown in Attitude Black Metallic with available power tilt/slide moonroof and Leather Package.
Shown in Classic Silver Metallic.
Shown in Clearwater Blue Metallic.
We're driving the automobileto new places.
Available with a wide array of innovative technologies, the 2012 Camry is taking transportation in a bold direction. In addition to available navigation, its multimedia systems offer such highlights as standard Bluetooth®3 hands-free phone capability,available advanced voice-recognition and Entune,™2 a new feature integrated with select Toyota models that allows drivers to access popular mobile phone apps and data services. With all this, you won't just drive Camry, you'll connect with it.
Premium HDD Navigation
- Boasting a sharp 7-in. high-resolution VGA touch-screen display, this available multimedia system offers advanced features like hard-drive navigation with SiriusXM Satellite Radio,4 NavTraffic,™4 NavWeather,™ Bluetooth® wireless technology, advanced voice recognition, text-to-speech, 5 split-screen functionality, embedded points of interest, CD, DVD and MP3/WMA capability, an auxiliary audio jack, a USB6 port, JBL® GreenEdge™ audio system and Toyota's new mobile application system, Entune.™
JBL® GreenEdge™ Audio System
- Combining a variety of new eco-conscious technologies, the JBL® GreenEdge™ audio system achieves dramatic energy efficiency while delivering superb audio performance. With reduced power consumption, increased audio performance and lower system weight, the JBL® GreenEdge™ system is a substantial upgrade over conventional audio systems.
- The available Entune™ system is a collection of popular mobile applications and data services integrated with select Toyota vehicles. Entune™ includes three years of complimentary access to apps and services delivered viamost smartphones and some feature phones. (After three years, access charges will apply; excluding Pandora.®) Once the phone is connected to the vehicle using Bluetooth® wireless technology or a USB cable, Entune's™ features are operated using the vehicle's controls or, for some services, by voice recognition. Entune™ is scheduled to have mobile apps for Bing,™ iHeartRadio,7 MovieTickets.com,7 OpenTable®7 and Pandora.® Entune's™ data services include fuel guide, sports scores, stocks, traffic and weather. See toyota.com/entune for availability of apps and services.
Inside, we increased the volume.
Then we decreased the volume.
Whether you're talking about interior space or noise levels, volume has a lot to do with driving comfort. In crafting the reinvented 2012 Camry, our engineers found a variety of ingenious ways to add interior volume where it matters most, without increasing the external dimensions of the vehicle. They also reduced the volume of exterior noise entering the cabin. In these ways and more, our engineers were able to improve on what was already a remarkably comfortable vehicle. And that speaks volumes.
"Several coworkers and I try to carpool to the office whenever possible. I've noticed that on the days when it's my turn to drive, more of them come along for the ride. Go figure. "
8-WAY POWER DRIVER'S SEATAdjustable a total of eight ways, the reinvented Camry's available power driver's seat gives you plush and fully customizable comfort.
Enhanced SpaceTo help create Camry's roomy environment, we sculpted the lower door panels to allow for more lateral knee room and reshaped the headlining for greater head room. The general sense of spaciousness, too, was enhanced by opening up the outside view. We engineered pillars that were more streamlined. Upper door surfaces and the top of the instrument panel were reshaped. Even the sun visors were repositioned to further open the forward view.
Crafted QuietEmploying sound-imaging instruments, extensive tests were conducted to pinpoint areas where road and engine noise was entering the cabin.Additional sound-absorbing measures were then taken in those areas to help create Camry's whisper-quiet ride.
Ready VersatilityTo help you transport longer items, such as snow skis or that towering new floor lamp, Camry's 60/40 split fold-down rear seat drops to create a handy pass-through to the voluminous trunk.
8-WAY POWER DRIVER'S SEATCamry's accommodating interior is designed to help you manage your liquid assets, providing four cup holders and six bottle holders.
WORKING IN SPACEIn Camry, rear-seat comfort doesn't take a back seat to front-seat comfort. To help improve rear-seat leg room, we redesigned the shape of the front seats, allowing for additional knee space.
Nothing helps steady the ride like a few bumps.The bumps we're referring to are not the ones you encounter on the road surface. Those are deftly handled by Camry's tuned suspension. The bumps we're talking about are small, specially shaped projections called vortex generators that we positioned on Camry's undercarriage and at key points on the body. It may sound counterintuitive, but vortex generators help stabilize performance by dictating airflow behavior around the vehicle.
HOW DO VORTEX GENERATORS WORK?As air flows over the surfaces of a moving vehicle, friction can cause that air to tumble over and under itself, increasing drag and creating erratic air pressure forces around the vehicle. Vortex generators alter the airflow before it becomes turbulent, creating a series of controlled spins, or vortices, and helping to equalize air pressure forces, reduce drag and improve vehicle stability.
- To enhance Camry's overall ride quality, we optimized the shock absorber tuning to achieve a high-end dampening feel. We improved Camry's handling and stability by recalculating the rear suspension geometry.
- Camry SE V6 is available with sporty 18-in. wheels and tires. To better handle this larger setup, we made the knuckle and lower arm assembly stronger and lighter.
- Airflow under a vehicle is crucial to performance. On the reinvented Camry we added a series of broad plates that feature aerodynamic fins front and rear to help manage air turbulence beneath the vehicle, improving stability and handling.
Ready for whatever the future brings. Including corners.
Get behind the wheel of Camry SE and there will be no doubt that this is one forward-looking sedan. Thanks to Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), Camry offers not just assertive power, but sensible mileage too - a good quality to have in this age of high fuel prices. Factor in SE's sport-tuned suspension, and you have an impressive blend of performance and efficiency. This winning combination clearly puts Camry ahead of the curve.
SE V6 Power
- Right feet rejoice. The available 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve Dual VVT-i V6 engine produces an impressive 268 horsepower and 248 lb.-ft. of torque, while still achieving an EPA-estimated 30 highway mpg rating.1 Paired with the 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift and paddle shifters, this powerplant delivers a driving experience that's nothing short of exhilarating.
- Let your fingers do the shifting. Camry SE's race-inspired paddle shifters deliver real hands-on performance. Not only do these paddles upshift and downshift almost twice as fast as the previous-generation Camry's, thesystem automatically matches revs during downshifting. To shift, simply pull the right paddle to upshift and the left one to downshift.
- Improving handling dynamics typically involves suspension components. But Camry's impressive agility was also augmented by making the steering more responsive. To accomplish this, we not only increased the steeringgear ratio, but also optimized the Electric Power Steering (EPS) system for more sensitivity. Clearly, Camry turns more than just heads.
18-in. Alloy Wheels
- Style your ride. Standard on the Camry SE V6, these sharp 18-in. alloy wheels offer sporty performance, not to mention sporty looks.
- Things are looking up. Camry's remarkable driving experience is made even more uplifting with an available power tilt/slide moonroof, complete with sliding sunshade.
We took America's best-selling car and went even farther.
Over the past 25 years, Camry has won the loyalty of millions with its unique blend of efficiency, features, value and reliability. Now, with the 2012 Camry Hybrid LE delivering an estimated 43/39/41 mpg,2 it's more than just economical, it's one of the most fuel-efficient sedans in its class. Plus, it achieves all that while producing 200 hp. Time to add even more Americans to its legion of enthusiasts - though gas station owners may be less than thrilled.
ECO DRIVE LEVEL DISPLAYCamry's gauges provide current fuel economy information on the fly and are specially illuminated for quick and easy reading in most light conditions.
LEADING "GREEN"For more than a decade, Toyota has been a world leader in the development of eco-sensitive technology with our advanced Hybrid Synergy Drive® system. And with each passing year, this tried and tested system continues to get more efficient, more powerful, more reliable and more popular.
ENERGY MONITORThe Multi-Information Display helps keep you continually apprised of the Hybrid Synergy Drive® energy flow and its efficient management.
Higher blue-sky thinking.High gas mileage and low emissions are not the only measures of how far our hybrids have come. Camry's re engineered Hybrid engine also delivers an astonishing 200 horsepower. In fact, Camry Hybrid boasts a 0-60 time of a mere 7.6 seconds.1 What's more, this performance is accomplished while producing less vibration and noise, further enhancing the refined driving experience for which this legendary sedan is known.
NEWLY REENGINEERED HYBRID ENGINECamry's new hybrid engine features a variety of modifications designed to enhance performance and fuel economy. For starters, the engine employs the Atkinson Cycle, which optimizes the durations of the engine's four strokes to help maximize fuel efficiency. The expansion ratio was increased as well, further boosting gas mileage. A long-port plastic intake manifold, together with a long-branch exhaust manifold, also enhances performance, saves weight and reduces engine noise. The gear-driven balance shaft was even coated with a low-friction resin for low vibration and additional efficiency.
REDUCED VEHICLE WEIGHT
- By reengineering various vehicle components and employing state-of-the-art materials, we reduced Camry's overall curb weight by 200 lb.
- Camry's reinvented hybrid engine is entirely beltless. This design not only offers remarkable reliability, but alsosaves weight, reduces friction and improves fuel economy.
ELECTRIC WATER PUMP
- An electric water pump doesn't employ a v-belt. This design not only improves efficiency, but also shortens engine warm-up time, helping to reduce emissions.
EFFICIENCY IN SPACE
- We engineered a way to move the battery forward, opening up more room in the trunk and ensuring that we didn't take up otherwise usable space.
"The 2012 Camry is a "new era" sedan that stands to redefine the very image of the number one standard mid-size sedan."
- Yukihiro Okane, Chief Engineer, Product Planning Toyota Development
LOWER ROLLING RESISTANCE
- The use of more advanced tires allows tire air pressure to be increased, thereby reducing rolling resistance and furtherimproving efficiency.
We took a hard look at blind spots.Knowing what's around your vehicle is key to confident driving. That's why the 2012 Camry offers innovative features like the available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)1, 2 and backup camera.3, 4 By helping to reveal hard-to-see areas, Camry helps keep potentially dangerous situations from escaping your notice. In short, Camry helps keep things that are out of sight from being out of mind.
AVAILABLE BLIND SPOT MONITOR (BSM)Even with properly adjusted side mirrors, adjacent vehicles may enter "blind spots," areas that are outside of the driver's view. Camry's Blind Spot Monitor BSM) uses radar to scan these blind spots for moving motor vehicles.
BLIND SPOT MONITOR INDICATORSLocated on both sides of Camry, the monitors identify moving vehicles in its blind spots. If the system detects a vehicle in the area, it illuminates a warning indicator on the appropriate side mirror.
Via Toyota's 24/7 call center, available Safety Connect® offers subscribers helpful features such as Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance and Automatic Collision Notification. Safety Connect® also offers the reliability of embedded cellular and GPS technology.
AVAILABLE SMART KEY SYSTEMSmart Key offers you a note of enhanced luxury. When you approach Camry with the Smart Key fob in your pocket or purse, the interior illuminates automatically; the doors unlock when you touch either front door handle; the trunk opens with the touch of its handle; and the engine starts with the push of a button.
AVAILABLE BACKUP CAMERAWhen backing up, the area behind Camry that's visible to the camera is displayed on the touch-screen of the audio system's display.
Safety to the power of ten standard airbags.As somebody once said, there is safety in numbers. That's why every 2012 Camry comes with a comprehensive airbag system that offers an impressive ten airbags. The system includes both driver and front passenger airbags, front and rear side curtain airbags, front and rear seat-mounted side airbags, and both driver and front passenger knee airbags - all standard equipment.
Star Safety System™Toyota's Star Safety System™ is an advanced suite of six safety features offered as standard equipment on every Camry. The system includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC),2 Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA)3 and Smart Stop Technology (SST).4 Classified as "active" safety features, they're designed to work proactively in certain situations to help prevent accidents from occurring in the first place.
SMART STOP TECHNOLOGY (SST)
- Smart Stop Technology provides you with additional peace of mind. Under certain conditions, when both the brake and the accelerator pedals are pressed at the same time, SST is designed to automatically reduce engine power and help bring the vehicle to a stop.
- An important element of occupant protection, crumple zones are structurally engineered to absorb and dissipate energy in the event of a collision by a process known as controlled deformation.
DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER WHIPLASH-INJURY-LESSENING SEATS
- Camry's front seats are engineered to yield in a controlled fashion in certain low-speed, rear-endcollisions, helping to reduce the risk of neck injuries.
- The Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren system provides an added measure of safety for the smaller members of your family. LATCH includes low-mounted anchors & tether anchors on each outboard rear seat.
TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR
- Proper tire pressure is always important for safe driving. TPMS evaluates the pressure of the tires and issues a warning if the pressure becomes critically low.
- Camry provides 3-point seatbelts with pretensioners for front seating positions, while the front seats are equipped with the added safety of 2-step force limiters.
DISCLAIMERS1. Toyota strives to build vehicles to match customer interest and thus they typically are built withpopular options and option packages. Not all options/packages are available separately andsome may not be available in all regions of the country. See toyota.com for information aboutoptions/packages commonly available in your area. If you would prefer a vehicle without any orwith different options, contact your dealer to check for current availability or the possibility ofplacing a special order. 2. See Packages and Options section for availability, details andrequirements. 3. V6 only. 4. May not be compatible with all mobile phones, MP3/WMA playersand like models. 5. iPod® is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. All rights reserved.6. Performance of BLU Logic compatible phones will vary based on phone software version,coverage, and your wireless carrier. See www.blulogicupdate.com for more details.7. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.and any use of such marks by Toyota is under license. Other trademarks and trade names arethose of their respective owners. The Bluetooth® wireless technology phones listed on toyota.com have been tested for compatibility with Toyota vehicles. Performance will vary based onphone software version, coverage and your wireless carrier. Phones are warranted by theirmanufacturer, not Toyota. 8. 4-cylinder only. 9. Availability and accuracy of the informationprovided by the navigation system or any XM services mentioned (if installed) are dependentupon many factors. Use common sense when relying on information provided. Services notavailable in every city or roadway. Periodic navigation updates available at additional cost. Seeyour Navigation System Owner's Manual or contact XM for details. 10. Be sure to obey trafficregulations and maintain awareness of road and traffic conditions. Select Entune™ apps use alarge amount of data and you are responsible for all data charges. Apps and services vary byphone and carrier. Not all apps and data services are available initially. Apps identified by "TM"or "®" are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and cannot beused without permission. See toyota.com/entune for the latest information regarding apps andservices. 11. XM services require a subscription after trial period, and are sold separately or as apackage. Subscriptions governed by Sirius XM Customer Agreement; see www.siriusxm.com.If you decide to continue your XM service at the end of your complimentary trial, the planyou choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. Fees and programming subject to change. Available only to those at least 18years of age in the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. 12. HD Radio™ Technologymanufactured under license from iBiquity Digital Corporation U.S. and Foreign Patents. HDRadio™ and the HD, HD Radio, and "Arc" logos are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity DigitalCorp. 13. iTunes® Tagging is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. All rights reserved. 14. Featuremay not be compatible with all mobile phones. Message and data rates may apply.15. The backup camera does not provide a comprehensive view of the rear area of the vehicle.You should also look around outside your vehicle and use your mirrors to confirm rearwardclearance. Cold weather will limit effectiveness and view may become cloudy. 16. The Smart KeySystem may interfere with some pacemakers or cardiac defibrillators. If you have one of thesemedical devices, please talk to your doctor to see if you should deactivate this system.17. CAUTION! When driving a hybrid vehicle, pay special attention to the area around the vehicle.Because there is little vehicle noise in electric-only mode, pedestrians, people riding bicycles orother people and vehicles in the area may not be aware of the vehicle starting off or approachingthem, so take extra care while driving. 18. HomeLink® is a registered trademark of JohnsonControls, Inc. 19. Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) is an electronic system designed to help thedriver maintain vehicle control under adverse conditions. It is not a substitute for safe drivingpractices. Factors including speed, road conditions and driver steering input can all affectwhether VSC will be effective in preventing a loss of control. Please see your Owner's Manual forfurther details. 20. Brake Assist is designed to help the driver take full advantage of the benefitsof ABS. It is not a substitute for safe driving practices. Braking effectiveness also depends onproper brake-system maintenance and tire and road conditions. 21. Smart Stop Technologyoperates only in the event of certain simultaneous brake and gas pedal applications. Whenengaged, the system will reduce engine power to help the brakes bring the vehicle to a stop.Factors including speed, road conditions and driver input can all impact stopping distance.Smart Stop Technology is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving and does not guaranteeinstant stopping. Please see your Owner's Manual for further details. 22. All the airbag (AB)systems are Supplemental Restraint Systems. All ABs (if installed) are designed to inflate onlyunder certain conditions and in certain types of severe collisions: frontal and knee ABs typicallyinflate in frontal collisions; side and side curtain ABs in side collisions; Roll-Sensing Curtain ABsat a severe tilt degree, roll or lateral G-force. In all other accidents, the ABs will not inflate. Todecrease the risk of injury from an inflating AB, always wear seatbelts, sit upright in the middleof the seat as far back as possible and do not lean against the door. Do not put objects in frontof an AB or around the seatback. Do not use a rearward-facing child seat in any front passengerseat. The force of an inflating AB may cause serious injury or death. See your Owner's Manualfor further information/warnings. 23. Whiplash-Injury-Lessening front seats can help reduce theseverity of whiplash injury in certain rear-end collisions. 24. The Toyota Tire Pressure Monitoralerts the driver when tire pressure is critically low. For optimal tire wear and performance, tirepressure should be checked regularly with a gauge; do not rely solely on the monitor system. Seeyour Owner's Manual for details. 25. Available on select Toyota models. Contact with the SafetyConnect® response center is dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition,cellular connection availability, navigation map data and GPS satellite signal reception, which canlimit the ability to reach the response center or receive emergency service support. Enrollmentand Telematics Subscription Service Agreement required. A variety of subscription terms isavailable; charges vary by subscription term selected. 26. Do not rely exclusively on the BlindSpot Monitor to determine if a lane change is safe. Always look over your shoulder and use yourturn signal before changing lanes. There are several limitations to the function, detection, rangeand clarity of the monitor. For a complete list of limitations and directions regarding use of themonitor, please see the Owner's Manual. 27. The engine immobilizer is a state-of-the-art antitheftsystem. When you insert your key into the ignition switch, the key transmits an electroniccode to the vehicle. The engine will only start if the code in the transponder chip inside the keymatches the code in the vehicle's immobilizer. Because the transponder chip is embedded in thekey, it can be costly to replace. If you lose a key, your Toyota dealer can help, or you can find aqualified independent locksmith to replace your key or perform high-security key services atwww.aloa.org 28. In certain areas, 4-cylinder models are equipped as Partial Zero EmissionVehicles (PZEV). Equipment causes nominal reduction in horsepower (from 178 hp to 173 hp) andtorque (from 170 lb.-ft. to 165 lb.-ft.). For Camry 4-cylinder models certified as Partial ZeroEmission Vehicles (PZEV), all emissions components are covered for 15 years or 150,000 miles,whichever occurs first, for performance or defect. 29. Cargo and load capacity limited by weightand distribution. 30. 2012 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary. 31. AT-PZEV ratedby the California Air Resources Board. Meets Tier-2/Bin-3 Federal emissions standard. For moreinformation please visit www.arb.ca.gov 32. Hybrid vehicle battery expected life is 150,000 milesbased on laboratory bench testing. 33. 2012 Camry preliminary mpg estimates determined byToyota. EPA estimates not available at time of printing.Actual mileage will vary. See dealership for further details or questions.